Feta Topped Eggplant Tapenade Bruschetta
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red pepper, drained
- 2 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 – 14-inch French baguette
- 1 container (6 oz.) Culinary Tours Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove stem from eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Lightly brush 2 tablespoons oil over cut sides of eggplant slices; place on an oiled shallow baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn and continue baking 8 to 10 minutes longer or until soft.
- Allow eggplant to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut 1/2 of the red pepper into small strips, set aside.
- Place eggplant, remaining red pepper, olives, 2 tablespoons parsley, vinegar, garlic, onion salt and pepper in food processor bowl; pulse, scraping sides once or twice, until combined and slightly chunky.
- Cut bread diagonally into 24 1/2-inch slices.
- Lightly brush remaining oil over both sides of bread slices; arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning after 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon eggplant tapenade over each slice of bread.
- Top each with equal portions of red pepper strips and feta crumbles.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.