Fresh Mozzarella Bruschetta
- 1 – 14-inch French baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 logs (8 oz. each) Culinary Tours Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut bread diagonally into 24 1/2-inch slices.
- Lightly brush oil over both sides of bread slices; arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning after 5 minutes.
- Toss tomatoes, onion, salt and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Place 2 mozzarella slices onto each bread slice; top each with 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.
- Stack basil leaves and roll up tightly lengthwise; slice thinly crosswise to create basil chiffonade.
- Drizzle oil lightly over tomatoes and sprinkle with basil chiffonade.