Gorgonzola Apple Bruschetta with Lemon Infused Honey
- 1 jar (12 oz.) honey
- 1 medium lemon, washed, dried
- 1 – 14-inch French baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 containers (5 oz. each) Culinary Tours Gorgonzola
- Cheese Crumbles
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 12 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Pour honey into a small saucepan. Grate half the lemon’s rind; add to honey. Slice the un-grated half of the lemon; add slices to honey.
- Juice remaining lemon into a small bowl; set aside.
- Place honey over low heat for 10 to 12 minutes; allow honey to cool, strain into a clean jar*.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut bread diagonally into 24 ½-inch slices.
- Lightly brush oil over both sides of bread slices; arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning after 5 minutes.
- Cut apples in half, core and slice thinly, cut slices in half. Place apple slices in a bowl and toss with reserved lemon juice.
- Combine 1 container gorgonzola and mascarpone in a bowl; stir until blended.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons gorgonzola mixture over each slice of bread.
- Top with apple and radishes slices.
- Sprinkle with remaining gorgonzola and dill; drizzle with lemon infused honey.
*Leftover honey may be stored, tightly sealed and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.