Roasted Tomato Broccoli Farfalle with 3 Cheese Blend
- 1 pound Campari tomatoes
- 1 small garlic bulb
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup Culinary Tours Shredded 3 Cheese Blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out seeds. Place tomato halves, skin side down, on a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Peel garlic and separate into cloves; peel cloves. Place 1 clove in each tomato half, cut larger cloves in half if necessary to have enough for each tomato half.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar over tomatoes. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until tomatoes are almost dry.
- Toss broccoli florets with 1 tablespoon oil; place on a shallow pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned, tossing after 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package direction.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1-1/4 cup cooking water; do not rinse pasta.
- Remove garlic cloves from tomatoes and mash with fork.
- Place garlic, shallots and remaining oil in a saucepan and sauté until shallots are soft; add reserved pasta cooking water, season with salt to taste; keep warm.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Place pasta, tomatoes, broccoli, garlic sauce and pine nuts in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with 3 cheese blend and freshly ground pepper.